PerformanceMesh Central supports many protocols i.e. MIDI, DMX, ArtNet,OSC,RS232
PerformanceMesh Central is a message translation and patching tool that translates incoming messages and redirects them to an Artnet, MIDI, DMX, OSC, RS232 and the world’s number one Laser show software, Pangolin Beyond and Quickshow. PerformanceMesh Central has an easy-to-use GUI (Graphical User Interface).
So what can you do with PerformanceMesh Central?
There are objects (modules) that perform many functions, from simple addition and subtraction of numbers to complex functions like parsing and filtering out MIDI notes, velocity, pitchbend, aftertouch, controllers.
We have created modules for the following devices (new modules are constantly being added):
- Arnet In 4-8 16 channels
- Arnet Out 4-8 16 channels
- BeaconTrack (PerformanceMesh product)
- ColorTrack (PerformanceMesh product – color tracking)
- DataGlove (PerformanceMesh product)
- DataShoe (PerformanceMesh product)
- DMX In 4-8 16 channels
- Dmx Out 4-8 16 channels
- Pulsar Chromazone (6 channels)
- Pulsar Chromazone (42 channels)
- IRCamTrack (PerformanceMesh product – blob tracking)
- Laser (Pangolin Beyond and Quickshow)
- LEDSynth LED strip (PerformanceMesh product)
- Maths (Add, Divide, Multiply, Subtract)
- MIDI (Note, Velocity, Aftertouch, Program Change, Controller, Pitchbend and Apc40)
- Aeolian Soft Synth (product)
- PressureTrack (PerformanceMesh product – weight tracking)
- RS232 (In and Out)
- SkeleTrack (PerformanceMesh product – body joint tracking)
- Triggering (Band, Pin, Sequencer, Threshold)
- OSC VideoPlayer (PerformanceMesh product – effects and transport control)
- Waveform Generator(Multiwave, Pulse, Sine, Square, Triangle, Ramp up, Ramp down)
Each object can be dragged and dropped from a menu. Once the object is on the canvas, it can then be connected to other objects by virtual patch cords drawn from the output of one object to the input of another. PerformanceMesh Central automatically scales the data being transferred (i.e. a DMX module will send 0-255, this is no good to a MIDI device as it expects 0-127). These patches can be loaded or saved for later use. If you’re clever enough you can do almost anything by connecting enough of these objects.
Feel like controlling your LEDs using a MIDI/DMX controller or our sensor products? You can do that! More common applications include devices that send and receive MIDI, DMX, RS232 (such as sequencers, synthesizers) or OpenSoundControl (OSC) — a more modern and flexible version of MIDI that can be used to create networked interfaces.
For even more control PerformanceMesh Central has a powerful LUA scripting engine. This feature allows users to write simple or complex scripts to patch together MIDI, DMX, ArtNet, RS232 and OSC Devices. The LUA editor can hold 10 scripts at any one time. Script files can be loaded or saved for later use or editing further. Sample scripts are included to get you started.
Configuration and testing of interfaces:
Within PerformanceMesh Central you can test connectivity of your connected MIDI, DMX, Artnet and OSC devices and monitor dataflow. OSC networking parameters are easily changed in a startup file.
Supported DMX Interfaces: Enttec Pro.